Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day is for the Laborer

Well today being Labor Day and all, I got up at 6:00 a.m. and headed to the garage to try and clean it out. It was an absolute disaster. I think a child unplugged the freezer and the refrigerator and all the food had gone bad. Boy did it stink to high heaven. Of course I was the only one to handle the food that had turned into a science experiment gone bad. Even though that was very exciting, the most exciting part was when Duane saw a large spider and started screaming and running for his life. I came to the rescue and saw the sweet thing a few minutes later and sent it to heaven so that it would never bother Duane again. Just so you know, Duane said it was the size of a small tarantula, and I caught a fish this..............big.

3 comments:

  1. I'm smiling. My smile is as big as a small tarantula. Danny and grasshoppers, Duane and spiders. Brian and... tell us, Cindy!!

    Lori, I'm so glad you saved Duane's life by sending that big mean spider to heaven. You are a good wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Duane. OH Brotheeerrr, for one I didn't scream and I certainly didn't run for my life. this is how vicious rumors get started. I admit I don't like spiders and I did jump slightly when that fanged hairy demon from hell came out of the shadows but I didn't scream and I didn't run. LORI, liar liar plants for hire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just saying that if their would have been a video around, it would have told the true story. Ask Duane where he was when I killed the "fanged, Hairy, Demon from Hell double hockey sticks."

    ReplyDelete