Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hard Decisions

Sometimes life is made of hard choices. I think for me as a mother, those hard choices that my children have to make seem to be harder on me then my own hard choices. Brock is involved in Football and Colorado Childrens Chorale this fall. There was one conflict between the two for the whole season and it was for this weekend. Both Brock's coach and the director of CCC wanted him to be with them. When push came to shove, Brock chose to play his football game and not attend the camp for CCC so now he is no longer able to be in CCC. This is hard on me because exposure to good music is very important to me. I have been trying to concentrate on the good things about the choice: my taxi service will not be so busy, there is not money to buy tickets to see him perform this year so I will not have that stress, I have a hard time getting him to rehearsal on time. But when all is said and done, it still makes me sad that the choice had to be made and that a compromise couldn't happen. Brock has such a beautiful voice and I love how he is always singing. I hope that he will continue to sing.

1 comment:

  1. Focus on those good things, Lor, like you've written above. And don't worry about Brock not singing. I guarantee you that he'll have many, many opportunities to continue to blossom musically! In your family, that's a given!

    ReplyDelete