Sunday, September 19, 2010

Harmony

Today was Stake Conference and we had a satellite broadcast from SLC. What I gleaned from the talks was the importance of keeping our covenants and doing the simple things that bring strength and power to our lives. It made me think of a a musical element called harmony. Harmony is a more advanced concept to teach and perform but when done well, it adds incredible beauty. I was in a professional singing group at one time and I remember this moment when we were singing a French ballet and all of our voices became perfectly in tune. It was this amazing moment and was so powerful. At the moment that our voices became perfectly in tune, they were miraculously magnified. Even though none of us were singing louder, the sound filled the church where we were singing. I remember becoming so overwhelmed with this feeling that that must be what it is like to have our life in harmony with the Lord's commandments. That is what it is like to have our life in tune with our Savior. We become miraculously magnified and it surrounds us with power to make something ordinary into something heavenly.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lori! I love how you described harmony! Perfect harmony creates those incredibly beautiful overtones that, I believe, are angels singing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    How would that be to have the miracle of Harmony every minute of the day....??? I am thankful for the moments. The joy does come in MOMENTS!!

    I just caught myself up on your bloggity blog here-Love you and I am going to love keeping in touch this way!
    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too!!! It's the most amazing way to keep in touch. Did Jamee give you her blog address?? Your amazing and so talented!! Wish we could go see gage.

    ReplyDelete